ABOUT US 

HISTORY

Kanara Catholic Association (KCA), is a non-profit organisation set up to promote cohesiveness and camaraderie within the Mangalorean community through social events, picnics and sports. KCA became a Registered body in 1988. The membership and Articles of Association were revised in 1994.
KCA Bangalore was started in 1955 thanks to the initiative of early residents Leo D’Silva, Public Notary and John D’Sa, who was later Chief Engineer of the Karnataka State Government Electricity Board and Capt. Dr. George Mathias – a well-known coffee planter. The early meetings were held in the legendary Oorgaum House, the home of Rajpramukh PG D’Souza.
KCA’s vision is to promote educational, spiritual and cultural activities. A scholarship corpus fund started in the 1960s, has facilitated financial assistance even to this day, to several deserving students of the Mangalorean Catholic Community in Bangalore.
KCA is a major contributor in terms of land and funds to the Konkan Samudhai Bhavan (KSB), which is a state of the art building to help members of the Kanara Catholic Community. One of the major aims of the KSB is to provide highly subsidised accommodations for Catholic youth who come from the Konkan area to Bangalore in search of jobs or help in the early part of their careers. The KSB is also there to help the Kanara Catholic Community to host their cultural events and other events to ensure the progress of the community.

Our Team

HILMA ROACH

President

ROSHAN MENEZES

Vice-President

LUNITA PAIS

Secretary

JANE PINTO

Jt. Secretary

AJAY FERNANDES

Treasurer

ADRIAN J D’SOUZA

Committee Member

VEENA SERRAO

Committee Member

CLEMENCE D'SILVA

Committee Member

KCA also publishes a Newsletter called Khobar from 1994. In 1995, the first Directory of Members was published. A Land and Building Fund was instituted in 1985 to harness donations from the community for charitable causes, resulting in a plot of land purchased 10 years later. Raising funds for a building turned out to be a major hurdle. In 2016, through the herculean efforts of the Konkan Welfare Trust- a joint collaboration of KCA and KONCAB, and substantial assistance from many individual benefactors both in India and across the world, a magnificent community building consisting of a hall and hostel called the Konkan Samudhai Bhavan was completed.
A tradition is also the annual Thanksgiving Mass, held every year, after Easter. Donations and proceeds from this mass are given to other catholic organisations who cater to less privileged members of society. In the last few years, donations from these masses have been given to the Little Sisters of the Poor, the Leprosy Home at Sumanahally Bangalore, the home for AIDS patients on Sarjapur Road run by the Camillian Fathers, Asha Niketan[4] Koramangala a home for the intellectually disabled, part of the L’Arch communities started by Jean Vanier in France in 1970 and others.
The KCA celebrated its golden jubilee in 2004-2005 under the stewardship of the first Lady President of KCA, Dr. Pat Pinto.

At a glance

Abbreviation

KCA (Kanara Catholic Association)

Formation

1955

Type

Non Profit Catholic Organisation

Purpose

Social and Charitable purposes for Catholics from the Kanara Region

Headquarters

Bangalore

Membership

1,800

Official language

English

President (2020-22)

Hilma Roach

Website

www.kcabangalore.com

Contact Us

4 + 3 =

Get in touch!

Kanara Catholic Association stands on the strong pillars made by it's vast community, that drives all the activities of the association. We look forward to meeting new members from the region.
Membership by invitation only

Kanara Catholic Association

KCA is a non-profit organisation set up to promote educational, spiritual and cultural activities for the Mangalorean community.

Address

#90 Konkan Samudhai Bhavan, 7th Main, Chelekere, Kalyan Nagar, Bangalore - 560043

Email

hello@kcabangalore.com

Follow Us